Enviro Links Design as the principle consultant implemented significant layout, facilities and environmentally sustainable improvements to an existing lagoon edge densely wooded retreat in Myall Lakes National Park. The design featured:
- The detailed layout design of 68 new cabin and 47 relocated van and campsites
- roads and pathways, new Conference Room, resort and foreshore revegetation landscape design;
- Master Plan REF environmental assessment and later EcoMax wastewater system REF;
- Environmental Management Plan (EMP) approved 2004 and successfully audited by the Federal Department of the Environment and Heritage (DEH) in 2005. Approval required by both DEH as within a Ramsar internationally recognised wetland and the NSW Department of Environment and Climate Change (DECC) as one of their National Park leases;
- Management and Maintenance Works Plan (MMWP) to guide long term sustainable operations and minimize future environmental approval requirements;
- Weed Management Plan and assisting the client in the Flood & Fire Evacuation Plans;
Enviro Links Design was awarded for this project the 2008 Australian Institute of Landscape Architects ACT Award for Land Management.